Like many hotels, this 80 room / 3-star Karachi hotel in Saddar Town was accustomed to the production offered by Booking.com but had doubts about the potential of other online channels.
Our revenue management & distribution team analyzed market trends and devised the following strategy for growth:
- Closely monitored the source market and recommended adding a new distribution channel: Agoda.com
- Devised a tactical pricing strategy to capture traffic & bookings.
- Created a targeted marketing campaign to optimize the property rank on Agoda.
Opening a new channel with a specially designed marketing campaign led to 68 incremental room nights booked generating an additional PKR 312,167 revenue over the first 60 days, boosting room night production by 35.2%.
- Connecting to new channels is an important first step. Placing targeted offers in front of consumers is what transforms lookers into bookers and is the catalyst for revenue growth.
- These positive results would not be possible without the aggressive pricing, marketing and yield management strategies that rely on the effective use of channel management software.